Paying for College

Paying for College

Payment arrangements that cover the entire balance of your student account must be made with the Business Office each semester by the payment deadline noted on your invoice.

You are responsible for the tuition and fees for classes for which you have registered. You will not be withdrawn from school for nonpayment of tuition and/or non-attendance. See the tuition refund policy for more information.

Apply for Financial Aid and Scholarships

Hawkeye offers eligible students federal and state financial aid, including grants, loans, and Work-Study, based on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Scholarships are available to help you pay for educational expenses and, unlike student loans, do not need to be repaid.

See Applying for Financial Aid and our list of available scholarships.

Make Payment Arrangements

If you plan to finance your education on your own or if your financial aid will not cover the full balance of your student account, you need to make payment arrangements by the due date on your first invoice.

Making a Payment

  • Online at My Hawkeye > WebAdvisor for Students > Billing and Payment > Make a Payment > Pay on My Account.

  • Over the phone by credit card. Hawkeye accepts Discover, MasterCard, and Visa.

  • Mail a check to the Business Office.

  • In person at the Business Office. A drop box is available after hours.

  • Automatic Monthly Payment Plan through e-Cashier.

Outstanding Balances

If you have an outstanding balance of any amount on your student account, such as:

  • tuition, computer fees, and student activities fees
  • program supplies and fees
  • library fines
  • parking fines
  • photo cage fines

Hawkeye reserves the right to withhold:

  • registration for future credit and non-credit classes
  • transcripts
  • diplomas and certificates

Contact the Business Office to discuss your outstanding balance.

Once a year, Hawkeye submits outstanding balances of $50 or more to the DAS Offset Program. This program may garnish your state tax refund to pay your outstanding balance. The DAS Offset Program is operated by the State of Iowa and Iowa Department of Administrative Service.

Hawkeye Community College also contracts with 3rd party collection agencies for collection of debts.

Student Handbook | Next Page >

Business Office

Hawkeye Center 122
Email us

Mon-Fri 8:00am–4:30pm

Financial Aid

Hawkeye Center 118
800-670-4769 ext.4020
319-296-4495 (fax)
Email us

Mon-Fri 8:00am–4:30pm